The air conditioning system is an important part of both residential and commercial property. Owing to constant use, most air conditioners are prone to wear and tear. Calling the repair man every time the air conditioner fails to work can be very expensive. You can actually handle some of these repairs without necessarily seeking the professional services of a repair man.
You can save yourself from the frustrations of having to pay tooth and nail for as simple a task as flipping a breaker to its proper position. There are some simple checks that you ought to perform prior to calling a repair man to check the air conditioning system. These simple checks, if properly done can end up saving you lots of money and precious time. Check out these tips from http://kiteairconditioning.com.au.
1. Check the breaker- Conduct this quick check by ensuring that the breaker is on. Connecting multiple appliances on the same breaker is the number one reason why these breakers trip. Checking the breaker will not just cost you time and money but also save you from embarrassment and frustration.
2. Examine the thermostat and ensure that the batteries are okay and that the temperature is set at a level just below the room temperature.
3. Regularly change the filter- clogged systems can affect the functioning of the air conditioner. This can be corrected by changing the filter to ensure that there is free flow of air within the system.
4. Melt any ice that has accumulated in the system. An iced up system inhibits the proper functioning of the air conditioning system.
5. Clean and remove all debris from the system. The problem may be caused by the accumulated debris in the system.
6. Check the air ducts to ensure that air is flowing out of them. Clogged ducts will inhibit air flow.